Here I am, just short of a month into my new regime of A Post A Week, and I’m stuck.
I’ve got a few posts in draft form, but they all need pics and I can’t take those pics myself.
I was planning to take the boys to the local pick-your-own berry farm, which would make a lovely post, but it has been horribly hot here in the Central West, and with our fair skin, we would all burst into flames and die from instant skin cancer within five minutes of stepping foot outdoors.
I looked at Plinky, hoping for inspiration there, but all the prompts were either not applicable, or were well-covered territory here on the blog.
So I decided to use that. Accordingly, I present for your approval:
Discarded Blogging Ideas And The Reasons I Lobbed Them.
- How many times have you been in love? Once. And you all already know who he is.
- What are your favourite ways to express your creativity? Ooooh, gee. That’s a toughy. Let me think…
- If only there were more hours in the day. What are your tips for saving time? That’s easy. Don’t do any housework. It frees up any numbers of hours for knitting and fiddling about online.
- What does your home say about you? See above.
- How do you stay focused? I don’t. Haven’t you been paying attention?
- How do you stay entertained when you are snowed in? Never been snowed in, and in the current heatwave I can only imagine how lovely that would be. As for entertainment, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that there might be some knitting involved.
- Defend your vice. How did you start? Why would you quit? I don’t know that I really have a serious vice anymore. I quit smoking twelve years ago, I have had one glass of wine in the last month, I have one or two cups of coffee in the course of a day, I’m cutting down on cola and chocolate, and I’m knitting from stash for the next six months at least. I’m not saying I’m perfect, but by damn I’m boring!
- What’s your favourite live music venue? The last concert I went to was Mental As Anything at the Mittagong RSL, which should tell you how long ago it was. The closest thing I have to a “live music venue” is watching RocKwiz on SBS. That’s at the Espy, right? Then that’s my favourite venue. Even though I’ve never been.
- Describe any wardrobe changes you make when you get home from work, school, or your other day activities. My day activities take place here at home, so jeans and t-shirts are about as glam as I get. If I dressed down of an evening, I’d have to go for bag lady chic.
- What industry ushered you into the workforce? Okay, this one you may not know about me – not counting weekends of indentured servitude in my Dad’s butcher shop, my first actual paying job was at Marion’s Sewing Centre in Bowral, selling fabric and wool and what-have-you on Saturday mornings. I was fifteen.
And thus I fulfill my self-imposed requirement for the week. Thank god I didn’t say I’d post something deep or meaningful every week!