- Sasquatch is eight years old today.
- This morning he took cupcakes to school to share with his class – orange poppyseed with dark chocolate icing.
- He has a vocabulary that routinely stops adults in their tracks, even me: this is a kid who uses words like “correct”, “response” and “maintain” in everyday coversation.
- He is also still an eight-year-old boy, who can spend five minutes spinning around and around, and the next ten staggering about like a drunk, bumping into walls and hooting with laughter.
- He has promised that when he is “a big man like Daddy”, he will buy me a farm and build me a Secret Underground Lair (when he says it, you can hear the capitals).
- His birthday dinner was homemade sausage rolls, fairy bread, and a chocolate mudcake. So I have spent pretty much the whole afternoon in the kitchen.
- He recently announced that he’d quite like to be a scientist. He hasn’t yet chosen a branch of science, but my money is on Mad.
- We spent the afternoon/evening playing with Lego and watching his new Ben 10 DVD. Way more fun than the Royal Wedding.
I tried to take pics, but the light in the family room is
completely arse inadequate, so I’ll take some tomorrow so you can see what an eight-year-old looks like.