Once again, I have been guilty of shameful blog-neglect. It’s over two months since I last posted! So, here’s what’s been happening while I was away:
- A lengthy period of Groundhog Day – you know how that goes; washing, cooking, cleaning, not-killing-the-children, yada yada yada…
- Then there was huge and epic spring cleaning, which resulted in the most beautifully tidy house for two entire weeks.
- Then there was school holidays, during which it rained almost non-stop, and I had to pack suitcases for… (wait for it)…
- Actual honest-to-God holidays, when we dropped the boys off with their grandparents, and Tech Support and I went to Brisbane for TEN WHOLE DAYS! I took my ‘puter along, fully intending to blog, but I forgot the power cable, and once the battery ran down, that was the end of my most excellent plans. So instead of blogging, I read books, and knitted socks, and took long walks around the city with T.S., visiting the Botanic Gardens, and sitting in little sidewalk cafes, drinking coffee and watching the world go by. While I was there, the Quilt and Craft show was on, so I did a half-day there, and bought a ball of Crazy Zauberball sock yarn, and a quilted bag kit. Then it was time to pick up the boys and head home.
- This week, I have been working my way through the post-holiday mountain of washing and sewing like a mad woman. Yesterday was the school’s annual Book Parade (I love that they do it at this time of year – it gets me off the Halloween hook), so I had to produce costumes. Boyo has recently fallen frantically in love with Emily Rodda’s Deltora Quest books, so it was a no-brainer that he would want to be Lief of Del, but Sasquatch dithered for ages before he decided that he would be Sam-I-Am from Green Eggs and Ham.
I have been working on this post all afternoon, and every time I try to add pics or links, WordPress craps itself. So here’s one last attempt at piccy goodness.